Things are bustling here at undisclosed.
After last night’s hockey game, we went into today with guns blazing. Dog play,dog walking,chores like the wash are all done. I did my 4.2 mile walk with my buddies. To top it off, we even had company for dinner!
If what they say is true, you can’t hit a moving target …we are in good shape.**fingers crossed**
Oh my Gosh!
I can’t believe I was out to dinner tonight with Shingleman and was swept away by, not my Phillies, but the Philadelphia Flyers, our ice hockey team. I was watching on different televisions but the action on this game , well, it took my breath away.
As I am typing this, there’s one minute left and it’s 7-5 Flyers!!!
1. I am grateful that I had no ancestors on the Titanic. As I type this, PBS is airing a special on the making and the route of the Titanic and the effect on the families who lost people who went down on the ship. These poignant stories really make things you are worrying about take the right perspective.
2. I am thankful that I have a job that enables me to take a vacation day tomorrow so I can try to catch up on some sleep, hand with the fur girls, and then get down to the “Undisclosed Location”.
3. I am thankful for cookbooks and the Food Network Channel-how else would I know how to make Easter ham somehow pallatable over 4 nights of dinners,
4. I am grateful for all of my godchildren, but especially Frank, the youngest, who celebrates his 6th birthday on Sunday. He is my Sweetheart! We went over tonight to celebrate his birthday and he was happy that Kasia and Zush were standing by and he, for the first time, was able to pet both of them at the same time.
5. **yawn** I am grateful for the invention of the timer and sleep function. It puts me to sleep pretty well!
Off to the Undisclosed tomorrow- have a wonderful weekend!
People (friends and associates) constantly are telling me stuff. What’s going on, their families, their lives,well you get the drift-it all eventually comes my way. After all, people know you are their friend.
Friends treat friends like that -friends, right ? I love the part of a “friendship” where, all of a sudden, one party treats you like it’s fifth grade. If you like me, you won’t talk to the people I don’t talk to.
You would think folks who are friends for over 15 years, and on top of a certain age, would be respectful of the personality of a friend. Obviously, I am mistaken….I must be too ” old school”…lol.
Anyhow, here’s guessing some people are still thinking they are the bully of the schoolyard. Hope they enjoy the time they spend alone there.
It’s been a long day.
My husband is out with his buddy,
I am in bed. A bed with clean sheets and blanket, pillows just the way you like them…is there anything to soothe a busy soul that’s better? Since I have no company but the girls, the tv is mine, we girls are tired from playing in the field…
All is good ….
A friend of mine was talking to me briefly today about my blog.His comments had me thinking about you,my reader.
I thank all of you, friends and strangers alike, who take the time to read this. What started as therapy for me while caregiving for Mom, I write now for the therapy and the pleasure of it. From Shingleman, allergies, caregiving and other daily thoughts, I would hope you enjoy reading this as I enjoy writing it. I would hope you keep reading: I promise to keep working on it on sunny and stormy days ahead, and for now, sending out warmest wishes to you, from the Wissahickon valley.
So Shingleman and I went to one of his sisters for Easter dinner. We were on the way back and passed the Evergreen Dairy Bar. Back in the day, it was called the Polar Cub. How I know this is my parents used to take us, once in a while, to Long Beach Island or Barnaget Light. Dad used to get a soft serve cone of lime sherbet twirled with vanilla ice cream and Mom’s was orange sherbet twirled with vanilla.
Thanks, Shingleman, for stopping here, and Mom? This ones for you !!!!