1. I am grateful that I had no ancestors on the Titanic. As I type this, PBS is airing a special on the making and the route of the Titanic and the effect on the families who lost people who went down on the ship. These poignant stories really make things you are worrying about take the right perspective.
2. I am thankful that I have a job that enables me to take a vacation day tomorrow so I can try to catch up on some sleep, hand with the fur girls, and then get down to the “Undisclosed Location”.
3. I am thankful for cookbooks and the Food Network Channel-how else would I know how to make Easter ham somehow pallatable over 4 nights of dinners,
4. I am grateful for all of my godchildren, but especially Frank, the youngest, who celebrates his 6th birthday on Sunday. He is my Sweetheart! We went over tonight to celebrate his birthday and he was happy that Kasia and Zush were standing by and he, for the first time, was able to pet both of them at the same time.
5. **yawn** I am grateful for the invention of the timer and sleep function. It puts me to sleep pretty well!
Off to the Undisclosed tomorrow- have a wonderful weekend!
When you left yours truly, I was down at the “Undisclosed Location”, enjoying a slight break from the pollen. Sea air has always been my friend.
Now I’m back in the city and it, quite frankly, sucks. I never realized how much other environmental factors get to my sinuses, i.e., diesel exhaust, stuff coming out from piers by the Walt Whitman bridge, general car exhaust PLUS pollen. Hacking was never my strong suit, and it continues to pull me down. Hell, I often tell people that I am imitating Ingrid Bergman in “Bells of Saint Mary’s” as a nun with tuberculosis. I just get tired of hacking.
I know that media sources will come out and say that due to lack of snow this winter, or some other reason why the pollen will be outrageous.The only people who will be picking up the slack from the people who used to money when they would make spring coats and hats for girls will be the drug companies that make Allegra-D, Claritin, Benadryl and the like.
Ah, for a good rainstorm to clear the air..oh, wait a second…then it’ll rain too much and we’ll have issues with mold….
This week has been chock full of drama on the job. **. Shaking my head in amazement**…
It was enough to have me take a precious vacation day, kick back with my girls, forget about slackers and the office, and get ready for the “Undisclosed location.” Hopefully Jim will be feeling a little better, and I will get some walking in with friends and the girls.
Have a nice weekend!
…and another day walking the girls, only this time with Jim. We were trying to get his mind off his shingles, so we all walked until we couldn’t anymore. It’s a shame because it is almost sunset, and we hate to leave to come back up.
We walked the girls on the Cape May beach for a few miles and now we just came back from a long neighborhood walk. We hate to leave, but for now all four of us are refreshed and waiting for NEXT weekend!
This bit with Jim’s shingles is wearing on both our nerves.
We are down at Undisclosed, and things haven’t changed. Jim is in big time pain and slept most of the day. It goes without saying I’ll be trying to get some sleep.
The girls are the only ones making out in this, as Jim can not be bothered to walk them, so they are going steady with me and loving it.
“Patience is a virtue.”…lol
Here is a shot of Shingle-man, aka, my Jim, who was playing guitar last night when his Mom and sister were over to pay us a visit. They figured since he is past the contagious stage, it was worth the trip. It was really funny because although he was not quite as miserable as he has been, they could see the difference in him was the medicine was kicking in. We both were sleepy, and we are not talking midnight, here, folks, we are talking 8P.M. My Kasia is sitting by her boyfriend, Daddy, waiting patiently for Mom to take her and Zush out for a walk.
We are leaving mid-day for the ‘Undisclosed Location”, as our feeling is it is just as easy to feel lousy there, but there is something about being out of the city that makes it all a little better.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Jim was convinced that he was tired enough to sleep last night, and he would have if the scratching from the shingles would have let him Fortunately, as we were at “Undisclosed location”, there is a second bedroom, complete with bed, so I managed, much to Jim’s chagrin, to get cozy and catch a couple straight hours sleep If that’s wasn’t happening, there’d be hell to pay!
We got up at 3 am and managed to finish packing to come up What I find so amusing is that neither of us wanted to come back up to the city-usually it’s me, but this time it was the both of us, oh,yes, and the girls included, as Kasia can run outside and get her ya-ya’s out, and Zush just loves the water.
Either way..we’re back!